Walla Series from Sound Ideas gives you the unmistakable murmur of background crowds from real life situations. Recorded in the field at 24/96 kHz, the Walla Series is available in your choice of download formats. The 425 ambience length sound effects provide maximum coverage from house parties to spectator filled stadiums; amusement parks to hotel lobbies; and convention halls to hushed crowds at formal occasions. Walla Series is available for download as 16/44.1, 16/48, 24/48 or 24/96 kHz broadcast wav files that are fully embedded with useful metadata. Walla Series is only available from Sound Ideas.
- 425 royalty free sound effects
- Available for Download as 16/44.1, 16/48, 24/48 or 24/96 broadcast wav files
- Digitally recorded at 24/96 kHz
- Ambience length tracks
- Airports, Train Stations, Bars, Restaurants
- Convention Halls, Waiting Rooms, House Parties
- Sports Stadiums, Theaters, Shopping Malls
- Marketplaces, City Squares, Amusement Parks
- Hotel Lobbies – and more
What is Walla?
The term “Walla” came from the early days of radio where background crowd’s actually mumbling “walla walla walla” to simulate the mumbled conversations. In the UK, it is also referred to as “Rhubarb”. These days, Walla is used to describe the atmospheric mumbling of an environment. It is generally non-distinct, meaning a listener can not actually make out the conversations being had and instead hear mumbled simulated speech with some real words, laughs and coughs added into it.
Preview a selection of individual files from this collection.